fot

Re: [Fot] Bogus Request

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Bogus Request
From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 07:42:18 -0700
On 1/17/20 8:27 PM, Bill Dentinger via Fot wrote:
> Hi Mark...
>
> Do we have a gremlin?
>
> I keep getting emails suggesting I have requested to be removed from
> the FOT List ( which of course I have not).
>
> Do I/we have. Gremlin?

Man, what a boring night at work.  One trip to Ogden and back, 6.5 hours
sitting at Roper yard watching the rails rust.

Anyway, don't worry about it, it happens.  It might be from accidentally
clicking on the personalized "Unsubscribe/Manage" link added to the end
of each realtime message.  It could be you, or more likely another list
member, since folks rarely edit out all that stuff when they post a
response.  Or it may be from some random hacker who is going through the
publicly accessible archives and finds the link which has not been
edited out and clicks on it just to be a pain.

On a side note, Januaru 2020 could be a record month for the number of
FOT posts, thanks to the Mid Ohio discussions.  I'll have to do some
cipherin' later on, check message counts for various months, see how we do.

mjb.