fot

[Fot] More Stuff to Get Rid of

To: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] More Stuff to Get Rid of
From: Jack Wheeler via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 16:44:10 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_479204_636389185.1581266650119

Toward the end of my racing career, I started using lightened Wrist Pins (G=
udgeon Pins for you British.=C2=A0 Not to get too far off the track, but I =
always loved where the workshop manual describes the process called "Reamin=
g the Gudgeon Pin Bush".=C2=A0 Maybe it's just me, but there must be a sexu=
al connotation there someplace).=C2=A0 OK, back to the subject at hand....
My intention, of course, was to lighten the reciprocating mass in my TR-4 e=
ngine.=C2=A0 I found a guy in Quincy, IL who could have these lightened pin=
s made up for me, and I ordered 2 sets.=C2=A0 By this time in my career, I =
was only running 4 or 5 races a year, just enough to get qualified for The =
Runoffs, and The Runoffs itself.=C2=A0 I ran these in both of my engines fo=
r a few years, then I bought 2 more sets to replace them in both engines.=
=C2=A0 These are the pins I replaced, and therefore, they do not have much =
track time on them.
Externally, they are the same size as the stock wrist pins.=C2=A0 However, =
the wall thickness is only .87", compared to the stock wall thickness of ab=
out .161"=C2=A0 Thus the reduction in weight is considerable, with the stoc=
k pin weighing 143.4 grams, while the lightened pin weighs only 86.6 grams.=
=C2=A0 Multiply that difference times 4, and you have a total reduction of =
227.2 grams of reciprocating mass.=C2=A0 And the good news is that I will l=
et them go for only $25 plus shipping. =C2=A0 Anyone interested?
If no one is interested, I will put these on Ebay in about a week.=C2=A0 Th=
anks.
Jack

------=_Part_479204_636389185.1581266650119

ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Toward the end of my racing career, I starte=
d using lightened Wrist Pins (Gudgeon Pins for you British.&nbsp; Not to ge=
t too far off the track, but I always loved where the workshop manual descr=
ibes the process called "Reaming the Gudgeon Pin Bush".&nbsp; Maybe it's ju=
st me, but there must be a sexual connotation there someplace).&nbsp; OK, b=
ack to the subject at hand....</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">=
as to lighten the reciprocating mass in my TR-4 engine.&nbsp; I found a guy=
 in Quincy, IL who could have these lightened pins made up for me, and I or=
dered 2 sets.&nbsp; By this time in my career, I was only running 4 or 5 ra=
ces a year, just enough to get qualified for The Runoffs, and The Runoffs i=
tself.&nbsp; I ran these in both of my engines for a few years, then I boug=
ht 2 more sets to replace them in both engines.&nbsp; These are the pins I =
replaced, and therefore, they do not have much track time on them.</div><di=
v dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=
=3D"false">Externally, they are the same size as the stock wrist pins.&nbsp=
; However, the wall thickness is only .87", compared to the stock wall thic=
kness of about .161"&nbsp; Thus the reduction in weight is considerable, wi=
th the stock pin weighing 143.4 grams, while the lightened pin weighs only =
86.6 grams.&nbsp; Multiply that difference times 4, and you have a total re=
duction of 227.2 grams of reciprocating mass.&nbsp; And the good news is th=
at I will let them go for only $25 plus shipping. &nbsp; Anyone interested?=
a-setdir=3D"false">If no one is interested, I will put these on Ebay in abo=
l>
------=_Part_479204_636389185.1581266650119--

--===============7526617593343456450==

fot@autox.team.net