fot

Re: [Fot] Birthday

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Birthday
From: Bob Bownes -Seiri via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 12:19:08 -0400
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>

A bit more history on team.net.

Bill and I went to school together at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in the
early 80â??s where we worked on some of the very early Sun microcomputers. We
both frequented the Student Auto Shop, autocrossed, and worked TSD rallyeâ??s,
and were officers of Empire Motor Sports Club.

Later we shared space at a friendâ??s garage we all rented bays in, Bill with
his Honda wagon rallye car, his Mustang, and when he got home from few years in
England, his Land Rovers.

Throughout his travels, which were many, times living abroad, my times living
across the US, we stayed in touch. Bill was a fixture at our annual
thanksgiving party and trek to the Jazz fest at Saratoga for over 30 years.
When he got ill, he put a great deal of thought into his friends. His home, a
small house with an apple orchard, named â??Wee Farmâ?? was sold to a good
friend and family. His Rovers were passed to good friends up the road who were
also enthusiasts, while I was entrusted with some marvelous medium format
cameras, a small collection of Heuer rallye stopwatches (they read to 1/100th
of a minute) and team.net.

Team.net has been secured and is called out in my will as being held in
perpetuity for the good of internet automotive enthusiasts everywhere. Mark,
thankfully and most ably, handles the mechanics of keeping the mailing list in
check and has authority to keep it going. We get many offers to purchase the
domain a year, most meaningless, but three or four in the five figure range.
But it is not to be sold, it exists in the spirit in which Bill, and in which
Mark have dedicated themselves, for the good of all interested in the
fellowship of motor sports and ownership of interesting automobiles.

Happy Birthday Mark! And thanks from the bottom of my heart for managing the
mailing lists that have made up so much of my life these past 30 plus years.

Bob