fot

Re: [Fot] Kas and his Sailing Career. The Contender is in Iowa.

To: Joe Alexander <joealexandervintage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Kas and his Sailing Career. The Contender is in Iowa.
From: Kas Kastner via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 10:00:38 -0700
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>

--00000000000071f9f105a31aec62

What an amazing boat that the Contender is.   Single man sailed from a
trapeze.  The hiking stick has a hinge in the middle of the two four foot
segments. Tacking in a breeze is a bunch of quick work and not easy the
first couple times.  210 sq feet of sail make this boat pound for pound one
of the most powerful there is and a terrific ride on the waves in
the ocean. It is a true hotrod. Joe and Breneden have done masterful job of
restoration.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 8:06 AM Joe Alexander via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> FOT,
>
> Kas also had a very successful sailing career. So much, that he was a
> consultant to a major sailboat manufacturer. He owns at least one Nationa=
> Championship.
>
> Alexander Racing acquired one of his sailboats and had it shipped to Iowa=
.
> Hull repair, new gelcoat came first. Now, new hardware and lines, we are =
> couple of weeks from launching the restored boat.
>
> The Contender. A highly technical single handed sailing boat.
>
> Thanks to:
> Kas Kastner.  Coordinated the purchase from Doug Brown=E2=80=99s widow, P=
olly.
> Brad Eells. Supported the shipping to Iowa.
> Cory Tiefenthaler. Hull Repair & new Gelcoat.
> Brendan Alexander. Rigging and Hardware
>
> Ya. I did some stuff, too.
>
> Sailing, in modest terms, is in its third generation for us.
>

> Joe Alexander
> 4505 Donald Dr
> Cedar Falls, IA 50613
> The-vintage-racer.com
> Gasketinnovations.com
> Cell:  319.464.4711

--00000000000071f9f105a31aec62

ngle man sailed from a trapeze.=C2=A0 The hiking stick has a hinge in the m=
iddle of the two four foot segments. Tacking in a breeze is a bunch of quic=
k work and not easy=C2=A0the first couple times.=C2=A0 210 sq feet=C2=A0of =
sail make this boat pound for pound one of the most powerful=C2=A0there is =
and a terrific ride on the waves in the=C2=A0ocean. It is a true=C2=A0hotro=
d. Joe and Breneden have done masterful job of restoration.<div><div><div d=
ir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><p>=
=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 8:06 AM Joe Alexander=
 via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&g=
t; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0p=
x 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">FOT,<b=
r>
Kas also had a very successful sailing career. So much, that he was a consu=
ltant to a major sailboat manufacturer. He owns at least one National Champ=
ionship.<br>
Alexander Racing acquired one of his sailboats and had it shipped to Iowa. =
Hull repair, new gelcoat came first. Now, new hardware and lines, we are a =
couple of weeks from launching the restored boat.<br>
The Contender. A highly technical single handed sailing boat.<br>
Thanks to:<br>
Kas Kastner.=C2=A0 Coordinated the purchase from Doug Brown=E2=80=99s widow=
, Polly.<br>
Brad Eells. Supported the shipping to Iowa.<br>
Cory Tiefenthaler. Hull Repair &amp; new Gelcoat. <br>
Brendan Alexander. Rigging and Hardware<br>
Ya. I did some stuff, too. <br>
Sailing, in modest terms, is in its third generation for us.<br>
Joe Alexander<br>
4505 Donald Dr<br>
Cedar Falls, IA 50613<br>
The-vintage-racer.com<br>
Gasketinnovations.com<br>
Cell:=C2=A0 319.464.4711<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/kaskastner@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/fot/kaskastner@gmail.com</a><br>

--00000000000071f9f105a31aec62--