fot

Re: [Fot] Sir Stirling Moss: Motor racing legend dies aged 90 after long

To: Bill Tobin <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sir Stirling Moss: Motor racing legend dies aged 90 after long illness
From: Kas Kastner via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 17:12:32 -0700
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>

--00000000000011016605a320f5ec

So it is Riverisde 1958. The Caravan Motel, where all the races stayed. I
am waiting to check in the fellow ahead of me is Sterling Moss. He finished
up and I introduced myself, he wanted to know what I was racing.  I told
him a TR-3 and he smiled and then talked to me for twenty minutes about my
car and the Triumphs in general & the track and racing and was so kind and
truly interested. Then he spoke about his Aston Martin. He took the time
was very kind. Grand guy and a terrific racer. Always been my favorite.

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 2:18 PM Bill Tobin via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone. Happy Easter.
>
> Ah Sir Stirling. I have a great story about him.
>
> At the Mid Ohio Can Am in '71 I was on  Oscar Koveleski's crew (weekend
> warrior). Those were the days when all the talk was about dieting and
> calories.
>
> Oscar's wife Elaine and his mechanic Jack Deren's wife Terry got a scheme
> up: They got an empty J Wax can and cleaned it out. J Wax was the series
> sponsor. Sir Stirling was the spokesman and celeb at the races. Elaine and
> Terry filled up the can with butterscotch pudding which looks about like
> the wax. They sashayed up to Moss and asked how many calories were in the
> stuff. Then they swirled their fingers in the can's contents and plopped
> them in their mouths. Sir Stirling's eyes about came out of his head! Great
> fun and he took it well. He was quite a guy.
>
> Think I can make this crap up? It's in one of Pete Lyons' Can Am books.
>
> OBTW: I supplied the can!
>
> Great times.
>
> Cheers Bill
>
> PS: At that race Sir Jackie Stewart won in a Lola and Jo Siffert was
> second in a Porsche 917 PA. Both Denny Hulme and Peter Revson had dropped
> out. Third was Tony Adamowicz in Oscar's McLaren M8B; Bruce's 1969 car. We
> had a good party that night! I'll tell you a story about that at another
> time.
> On 4/12/2020 10:30 AM, Mike Harmuth via Fot wrote:
>
> Not virus related
> "It was one lap too many, he just closed his eyes," said his wife Lady Moss
>
> https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52261216

--00000000000011016605a320f5ec

=C2=A0the races stayed. I am waiting to check in the fellow=C2=A0ahead of m=
e is Sterling Moss. He finished up and I introduced myself, he wanted to=C2=
=A0know=C2=A0what I was racing.=C2=A0 I told him a TR-3 and he smiled and t=
hen talked=C2=A0to me for twenty minutes about my car=C2=A0and the Triumphs=
 in general &amp; the track and racing and was so kind and truly interested=
. Then he spoke about his Aston Martin. He took the time was very kind. Gra=
ss=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Apr 12, 20=
20 at 2:18 PM Bill Tobin via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>=
" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);=
padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
;s crew
      (weekend warrior). Those were the days when all the talk was about
      dieting and calories.</p>
 got
      a scheme up: They got an empty J Wax can and cleaned it out. J Wax
      was the series sponsor. Sir Stirling was the spokesman and celeb
      at the races. Elaine and Terry filled up the can with butterscotch
      pudding which looks about like the wax. They sashayed up to Moss
      and asked how many calories were in the stuff. Then they swirled
      their fingers in the can&#39;s contents and plopped them in their
      mouths. Sir Stirling&#39;s eyes about came out of his head! Great fun
      and he took it well. He was quite a guy.</p>
n Am
      books.</p>
      was second in a Porsche 917 PA. Both Denny Hulme and Peter Revson
      had dropped out. Third was Tony Adamowicz in Oscar&#39;s McLaren M8B;
      Bruce&#39;s 1969 car. We had a good party that night! I&#39;ll tell y=
ou a
      story about that at another time.<br>
      Fot wrote:<br>
     =20
,Helvetica,freesans,sans-serif;font-size:16px">&quot;It
            was one lap too many, he just closed his eyes,&quot; said his
            wife Lady Moss</span>=C2=A0=C2=A0<br>
et=3D"_blank">https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52261216</a>=C2=A0=C2=A0<b=
r>
            <h1 style=3D"box-sizing:inherit;margin:0.5rem 0px 1rem;padding:=
0px;border:0px;font-variant-numeric:inherit;font-variant-east-asian:inherit=
;font-stretch:inherit;line-height:2.25rem;font-family:ReithSans,Arial,Helve=
tica,freesans,sans-serif;vertical-align:baseline;outline-style:none;color:r=
gb(37,37,37)"><br>
            </h1>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <pre>_______________________________________________
/a>

ng.com</a>

//www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot"; t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a>
lliam.tobin31@verizon.net" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
options/fot/william.tobin31@verizon.net</a>

</pre>

/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/kaskastner@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/fot/kaskastner@gmail.com</a><br>

--00000000000011016605a320f5ec--