fot

Re: [Fot] Hard Question; Kastner Cup

To: Phil Gott <vfracing@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hard Question; Kastner Cup
From: Joe Alexander via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 20:17:07 -0500
Fair Question Phil:

â??Bestâ??.   In our history, some of the Kastner Cups were small intimate
events where good friends got together, raced together, and had a good time.
This can be one of those events.

â??Significantâ??.  We had Kas at Mid-Ohio in 2002. It was the start of
something very important to many of us. Ideally, â??The Return to Mid-Ohioâ??
would have been 2022, but it didnâ??t seem like a good idea to wait for
combined anniversary of the 1st Big Triumph event in 1992 (the 50th Anniversary
of Triumphs in Competition) and the 20th Anniversary of the Kastner Cup.

So letâ??s put â??Bestâ?? and â??Significantâ?? together and just do it.

It wonâ??t be the major production that was originally conceived, but thatâ??s
out of our control. But we can do what we can to Honor Kasâ?? Contribution to
the Motorsports World, with the people that are able to be there.

It will also be an opportunity for you guys to discuss the future of â??Triumph
Focus Eventsâ??. It doesnâ??t have to end at Mid-Ohio. It shouldnâ??t. But it
can be re-invented into something very significant. Kastner Cup II.

The FOT and the Kastner Cup has quietly garnered recognition and respect on a
global level. We have the best and most significant people in the sport. When
we go to Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Road America, and Mid-Ohio, the GATE is
huge. And usually we have more fun than any other groups.

So the 18th Running of the Kastner Cup promises to be the Best and most
Significant.

We have Clark Lincolnâ??s Poster and Shirt artwork, plenty of room in the
paddock, and our friends at hand.

What more could we ask for. See you there, if you can....all of you.

Joe Alexander
4505 Donald Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
The-vintage-racer.com