fot

[Fot] Point of view-Stephen Jones

To: <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fot] Point of view-Stephen Jones
From: Stephen Jones via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 02:34:54 -0400

--===============3723440507969340152==
 boundary=c3a8fb9909554eb5b209f30ee3855008

--c3a8fb9909554eb5b209f30ee3855008
        charset="iso-8859-1"

I hope this post reaches its intended readership.

As a member of SVRA for just four years, and minimal events participated in=
, perhaps I am not the most qualified to critique the issue of whether or n=
ot to be racing during this unsettling period. My racing involvement spans =
four decades with many organizations, and my experiences with SVRA has been=
 exceptional from everyone I have had the pleasure to be in contact with. S=
VRA prescribes meticulous directives and protocol to provide maximum safety=
 for it's members and competitors.

With a few exceptions, racing is basically a money losing proposition for m=
ost of us. Whether your pockets are deep, or you need to exercise prudence =
over financial resources, racing is a luxury. it is not an essential activi=
ty of well being. It provides no homeostatic need other than to actualize a=
 passion, which, I will agree, does keep many of us sane.

Now, unfortunately, each of us needs to make their own decision on whether =
to continue this pleasure under the guise of something that could potential=
ly make one terminally ill or be a catalyst to others. I do not wish to eng=
age in a dialogue of opinion and personal discernment.I do not believe ther=
e is a right or wrong answer. SVRA has taken extraordinary actions to assur=
e personal safety, and I applaud their endeavor. Yet, I have to ask myself,=
 is the risk worth the reward for me?

I have looked forward to participating in the Mid-Ohio/Kastner event, for t=
he past several months, particularly since racing at Mid-Ohio has been on m=
y bucket list for over 40 years. Regretfully, I have made the decision to s=
uspend further participation until the current health situation has some po=
sitive resolve. To quote Steve McQeen  "Life is racing, the rest is just wa=
iting." For myself, it is time to wait. I hope the wait is not too long.

Lastly, this has been is a passionate debate, and there appears to be an at=
mosphere of apoplectic rancor among a few of the postings. May I suggest th=
at before one presses the send button, that they wait overnight and careful=
ly re-read what has been written. We can disagree, but a little civility mi=
ght be exercised.  Zeal and anger can be a volatile combination. As grandma=
 said, "you catch more bee's with sugar than vinegar."  After all, this pos=
t site is called "Friends of Triumph".

--c3a8fb9909554eb5b209f30ee3855008
        charset="iso-8859-1"

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">I hope this post reaches its intended r=
eadership.&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica;">As a member of SVRA for just four years, and minimal even=
ts participated in, perhaps I am not the most qualified to critique the iss=
ue of whether or not to be racing during this unsettling period. My racing =
involvement spans four decades with many organizations, and my experiences =
with SVRA has been exceptional from everyone I have had the pleasure to be =
in contact with. SVRA prescribes meticulous directives and protocol to prov=
ide maximum safety for it&rsquo;s members and competitors.</p>

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica;">With a few exceptions, racing is basically a money losing=
 proposition for most of us. Whether your pockets are deep, or you need to =
exercise prudence over financial resources, racing is a luxury. it is not a=
n essential activity of well being. It provides no homeostatic need other t=
han to actualize a passion, which, I will agree, does keep many of us sane.=

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica;">Now, unfortunately, each of us needs to make their own de=
cision on whether to continue this pleasure under the guise of something th=
at could potentially make one terminally ill or be a catalyst to others. I =
do not wish to engage in a dialogue of opinion and personal discernment.I d=
o not believe there is a right or wrong answer.&nbsp;SVRA has taken extraor=
dinary actions to assure personal safety, and I applaud their endeavor. Yet=
, I have to ask myself, is the risk worth the reward for me?&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica;">I have looked forward to participating in the Mid-Ohio/Ka=
stner event, for the past several months, particularly since racing at Mid-=
Ohio has been on my bucket list for over 40 years. Regretfully, I have made=
 the decision to suspend further participation until the current health sit=
uation has some positive resolve. To quote Steve McQeen&nbsp; &ldquo;Life i=
s racing, the rest is just waiting.&rdquo; For myself, it is time to wait. =
I hope the wait is not too long.</p>

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica;">Lastly, this has been is a passionate debate, and there a=
ppears to be an atmosphere of apoplectic&nbsp;rancor among a few of the pos=
tings. May I suggest that before one presses the send button, that they wai=
t overnight and carefully re-read what has been written. We can disagree, b=
ut a little civility might be exercised.&nbsp; Zeal and anger can be a vola=
tile combination. As grandma said, &ldquo;you catch more bee&rsquo;s with s=
ugar than vinegar.&rdquo;&nbsp; After all, this post&nbsp;site is called &l=
dquo;Friends of Triumph&rdquo;.</p>

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>

mily: Helvetica; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

--===============3723440507969340152==--