fot

Re: [Fot] Has anybody put a TR4 tub on a TR6 chassis?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Has anybody put a TR4 tub on a TR6 chassis?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 06:23:32 -0600
On 6/3/20 5:55 AM, yellow04 wrote:
> I figured this was the place to ask this question.
>
> I am selling an early TR4 project/parts car on Craigslist and just got
> a question that I can't answer. Will a TR4 tub that goes on the ladder
> frame mount to an IRS wishbone frame?

With a lot of cutting, welding and fabrication I am sure it would work.
I sort of remember a TR3 at the Boulder VTR convention in 1990 that was
heavily modified to fit on a TR6 frame.  I remember it as the car that
won the autocross at the racetrack because the driver thought that the
"optional" slalom along the back straight did not mean you could choose
to start it on the left or right, but choose to do it or just blast
straight through ignoring the cones altogether.

mjb.