fot

[Fot] Swamp cooler

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Swamp cooler
From: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 10:35:16 -0600

--Apple-Mail-91FA3257-C569-4406-A345-44B34E01DAA4
        charset=utf-8

Listerati,

I=E2=80=99ve had some inquires about the swamp cooler on my TR6 I mentioned i=
n another post so here=E2=80=99s the details.

This only works if you have a scuttle vent that has a pop open lid not the s=
cuttle vent with a plastic grill. 69 through some 72 TR6s had the pop open l=
id.

I ran plastic "fish tank" tubing off the windshield wiper fluid reservoir (u=
se distilled water) drilled a small hole in the side of the plenum and conne=
cted it to a tiny copper tube (from the hobby store) with a dozen tiny holes=
 drilled into it, cap it on the end with a silicone cap. That tube is wrappe=
d with some porous material and held to the tube by using some magnetic clip=
s from Harbor Freight. The magnets hold the assembly to the bottom of the sc=
uttle lid. Tuck the material down the plenum so air flows through and not ar=
ound it. I press the washer switch for about 6-8 seconds and before long coo=
l air comes out any or all the round vents or out over the tran tunnel or wh=
ere ever you set your controls for air flow. It only works when moving of co=
urse but today I had cool air coming out nicely on my feet and the upper rou=
nd vents on my body. With the tonneau cover on and covering the passenger se=
at the cool air was all directed on me. It was 92 today and I drove around f=
or a couple hours and the reservoir still was 1/3 full.

You lose having washer fluid for the windshield but I never used mine that I=
 can remember. I'd rather have cool air.
Plus everything is reversible to stock except for the small hole to the plen=
um. But I'm never going back. The lid still works as it should and nothing i=
s visible when it's shut.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle=20
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive

comcast.net

Sent from my Commodore 64=

--Apple-Mail-91FA3257-C569-4406-A345-44B34E01DAA4
        charset=utf-8

255, 255, 255, 0);">Listerati,<br><br>I=E2=80=99ve had some inquires about t=
he swamp cooler on my TR6 I mentioned in another post so here=E2=80=99s the d=
etails.<br><br>This only works if you have a scuttle vent that has a pop ope=
n lid not the scuttle vent with a plastic grill. 69 through some 72 TR6s had=
 the pop open lid.<br><br>I ran plastic "fish tank" tubing off the windshiel=
[...]
ll.<br><br>You lose having washer fluid for the windshield but I never used m=
ine that I can remember. I'd rather have cool air.<br>Plus everything is rev=
ersible to stock except for the small hole to the plenum. But I'm never goin=
g back. The lid still works as it should and nothing is visible when it's sh=
pitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)<br>93 Minnie Winnie Race Suppo=
rt Vehicle&nbsp;<br>77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph P=
it Bike)<br><br>**&nbsp;<a dir=3D"ltr" href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.ne=
t" x-apple-data-detectors=3D"true" x-apple-data-detectors-type=3D"link" x-ap=
onate:&nbsp;<a dir=3D"ltr" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; x-apple-=
data-detectors=3D"true" x-apple-data-detectors-type=3D"link" x-apple-data-de=
tectors-result=3D"5">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive:&nbsp;<a=
 dir=3D"ltr" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"; x-apple-data-de=
tectors=3D"true" x-apple-data-detectors-type=3D"link" x-apple-data-detectors=
-result=3D"6">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp;<a dir=3D"ltr"=
 href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; x-apple-data-detectors=3D"true" x-appl=
e-data-detectors-type=3D"link" x-apple-data-detectors-result=3D"7">http://ww=
"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/levilevi@comcast.net"; x-appl=
e-data-detectors=3D"true" x-apple-data-detectors-type=3D"link" x-apple-data-=
detectors-result=3D"8">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/levile=
l>=

--Apple-Mail-91FA3257-C569-4406-A345-44B34E01DAA4--

--===============6214552054205855801==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

--===============6214552054205855801==--