fot

Re: [Fot] 1955 TR3 ARRC contender

To: BILL <weredinger@cox.net>, dustin nicholson <nicholsondustin@yahoo.com>, "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 1955 TR3 ARRC contender
From: DAVE HOGYE <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:29:32 -0700 (PDT)

------=_Part_6793_1991759280.1593016172229

The original message and photos didn't get to me.  Could someone resend the=
 photos of the car?  I found Bill Boemler listed on racingsportscars.com, b=
ut no photos.
Thanks,
Dave H.=20

>     On 06/24/2020 8:39 AM BILL <weredinger@cox.net> wrote:
>=20
>=20
>     Dusty,
>     Here are some photos I took of your TR3 #72 Racer from a 1968 SCCA Na=
tionals either at Lake Garnett or Lake Afton KS. Noting we showed up put ou=
t some hay bails and went racing and then drove or TR home Sunday night so =
we could be at work Monday morning, never thinking that an accident or mech=
anical failure could occur. They did, but we were enterprising enough to al=
ways make it to work on time. Very few cars came on trailers, back then!
>     Best,
>     Bill Redinger
>=20
little bit of the history but I=E2=80=99m hoping someone on the list will r=
emember it and can tell me more.
>=20
>     It was very competitive in SCCA Midwest in the 60s and early 70s. Ran=
 in the American Road Race of Champions (Runoffs) in 1966 at Riverside and =
again in 1969 at Daytona. That was the last year it was held at Daytona bef=
ore moving to Road Atlanta. The car DNF=E2=80=99d after 14 laps with the 7t=
h fastest lap time. Pretty good for a 14-year-old car. The race and therefo=
re championship was won in 16 laps by the ex-Tim Suddard Group 44 GT6.
>=20
>     Driver/builder/owner was Bill Boemler. No logbook remains. The only o=
ther race I know of was at Garnett in 1972, but obviously it raced a lot mo=
re than these three races that I know of. It=E2=80=99s believed to have sto=
pped racing around that 1972 race and has practically not been touched sinc=
e. It=E2=80=99s in rough shape but is a time capsule for how a car was prep=
ped 50 years ago. The car had the nickname =E2=80=9CThe Flying Bedstead=E2=
=80=9D due to its unique role bar.
>=20
>     Attached is a photo of it at Daytona in 1969 and a photo of it now.
>=20
>     Sidenote 1: The Vin number is the 15th TR3 and was likely made on the=
 first day TR3=E2=80=99s went into production.
>=20
>     Sidenote 2: The seller had a Triumph buddy with him today to help unl=
oad my FP spitfire that was part of the deal, and load up the TR3. That bud=
dy turned out to be FOT! Jeb from St. Louis with the beautiful white TR6 ra=
ce car, thanks for your help today.
>=20
>     Dusty Nicholson
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

------=_Part_6793_1991759280.1593016172229

<!doctype html>
 <head>=20
 </head>
 color: #333333;">
ssage and photos didn't get to me.&nbsp; Could someone resend the photos of=
 the car?&nbsp; I found Bill Boemler listed on racingsportscars.com, but no=
 photos.</span>
 color: #333333;">
 color: #333333;">
span>
[...]