fot

Re: [Fot] Mk 1 swing spring

To: robertten1@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Mk 1 swing spring
From: Enquiries Road & Track via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 14:53:21 +1000
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>

--0000000000009e74e305b5c472f5

On our race Gt6, we have a hybrid system. we have coil over shocks plus a
single transverse leaf mainly to comply with rules that say the
original spring location must remain!!

years ago we tried a swing spring but did not like it on circuit

Terry
Australia

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 1:10 PM Bob Totten via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Amici,
>
> Herald to GT6 rear spring inquiries ???  Not sure if my experience will b=
> of any help as in my search to find a suitable answer for my own Spitfire=
.
> A tribute car to the factory endurance cars of '64 and '65 built around a
> GT6 body on a spitfire chassis.  I'm using a 4:11 diff with a quaife LSD
> and for the spring I am using a Composite Spring from Flex-A-Form out of
> South Carolina.  This spring is rated at 250 lbs. and is much lighter tha=
> the steel units available for our cars.
>
> With all the many options and ideas for set-ups and modifications for the
> rear springs one has to consider the final use for our car.  Mine is for
> autocrossing and the one thing that has helped the most was finally
> switching to this composite spring .  I have about 3 degrees of negative
> camber and the car corners flatter in the corners without the notorious
> inside wheel lift and tuck. Handling has much improved in the car, at lea=
st
> for this autocrosser.  I did not op for the camber compensator as ground
> clearance is reduced as I drive my car on the street occasionally.
> Of note, when used the late swing spring on my car I was also using a 3/4=
"
> thick spacer block between the diff and spring to help achieve the 3
> degrees negative camber.
>
> Late Spit Swing Spring, heavy duty Spit spring, modified and de-cambered
> Spit and GT6 Springs these are the common offerings .  This composite
> spring is something different as well as some instance of coil over
> conversions done by some ingenious owners.
>
> Cheers and good luck,
> Bob T
> '64 Spit GT autocrosser

iv>years ago we tried a swing spring but did not like it on circuit<br><div=
 class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Dec 6,=
 2020 at 1:10 PM Bob Totten via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.ne=
ote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,20=
4);padding-left:1ex">

e will be of any help as in my search to find a suitable answer for my own =
Spitfire.=C2=A0 A tribute car to the factory endurance cars of &#39;64 and =
&#39;65 built around a GT6 body on a spitfire chassis.=C2=A0 I&#39;m using =
a 4:11 diff with a quaife LSD and for the spring I am using a Composite Spr=
ing from Flex-A-Form out of South Carolina.=C2=A0 This spring is rated at 2=
50 lbs. and is much lighter than the steel units available for our cars.=C2=
=A0=C2=A0</div>

the rear springs one has to consider the final use for our car.=C2=A0 Mine =
is for autocrossing and the one thing that has helped the most was finally =
switching to this composite spring .=C2=A0 I have about 3 degrees of negati=
ve camber and the car corners flatter in the corners without the notorious =
inside wheel lift and tuck. Handling has much improved in the car, at least=
 for this autocrosser.=C2=A0 I did not op for the camber compensator as gro=
und clearance is reduced as I drive my car on the street occasionally.</div=

3/4&quot; thick spacer block between the diff and spring to help achieve th=
e 3 degrees negative camber.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div>

ed Spit and GT6 Springs these are the common offerings .=C2=A0 This composi=
te spring is something different as well as some instance of coil over conv=
ersions done by some ingenious owners.</div>

Original Message-----<br>
From: Dennis Walje via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=
=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>