fot

Re: [Fot] American Explosives tee shirts

To: chasgee22@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] American Explosives tee shirts
From: Ponostyle via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 09:56:06 -0800
Cc: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Iâ??ll take three in XL. While youâ??re getting a quote you might consider
offering a more garage-friendly color than white. I know thatâ??s a pain in the
ass to coordinate, but white Ts die fast in my collection. If you add a color
like dark grey, blue, or best of all that grey speckle that hides the
occasional oil spot, Iâ??ll take three more, same size.

I understand Keithâ??s concern, thereâ??s a tension between honoring the past
and understanding that nostalgia includes some nasty attitudes, as my
collection of treasured Norton posters and the Vargas Girl painted on the fuel
tank of my 880 Sprint amply demonstrate. As always, the solutions to the
tension are personal. I donâ??t try to explain the history of my posters to
people who think they are offensive, I know that to me they are part of an
inside joke and my long love of motorcycles. The idea those posters sold--that
beautiful women would overlook my teenage geekiness and want to hang around
with me because I had a motorcycle--is pure comedy. They crossed the street to
avoid me. People who see me wearing the T-shirt will have no understanding of
the history, and if they cared about my attitude (Iâ??m a geezer--they donâ??t)
they might worry about me a bit, but that doesnâ??t mean it isnâ??t worth
celebrating.