fot

[Fot] More on lever shocks vs. tube shock conversion

To: FOT <FOT@autox.team.net> definitions=2021-01-18_14:2021-01-18, 2021-01-18 signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=643 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-2006250000 definitions=main-2101180111
Subject: [Fot] More on lever shocks vs. tube shock conversion
From: Dave Connitt via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 13:17:52 -0500
Thanks for all of the responses to my question on tube shock conversions. I
forgot to add that last summer I installed the Richard Good C/V joint half
shafts, rear hubs, Nylatron swing arm bushings and a R200 LSD differential.
Thus wasnâ??t done to reduce wheel hop and skittering in the corners though but
I did get rid of the half shaft spline lockup exiting corners! The pinion seal
had failed which trashed my original differential.
I wonder if replacing the shock oil with a higher viscosity fluid would be a
good first step. It never occurred to me that stiffer shock action would help.
It sounds like I should just get my lever shocks rebuilt.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt

Sent from my iPhone