fot

Re: [Fot] Street car batteries

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Street car batteries
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman via Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 09:18:21 -0700

--------------74725B7D8BE62746A4BCE872

On 2/15/21 7:29 AM, ralph hansen via Fot wrote:
> I've been using Optima's with great success for about 25 yrs now. A
> bit pricey, last much longer, got 10 yrs out of 1 and worry free.

I have been using several Optima yellow tops for a second battery. The
ones I've had would go bad over a winter of often teen nights. Come
spring I would go to my local NAPA, they would test it and replace it
for free. last time they said this was my last free battery (I think it
has been 6 or 7 now). They just don't seem to like being frozen for a
few months at a time. But if you have warmer weather the Optima might
work well for you.

For a starting battery, I've had good luck with interstate.

TeriAnn

--

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------74725B7D8BE62746A4BCE872

  <head>
  </head>
      Fot wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:2058605550.1478709.1613399397046@mail.yahoo.com">
        Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">
          great success for about 25 yrs now. A bit pricey, last much
          longer, got 10 yrs out of 1 and worry free.</div>
      battery. The ones I've had would go bad over a winter of often
      teen nights. Come spring I would go to my local NAPA, they would
      test it and replace it for free. last time they said this was my
      last free battery (I think it has been 6 or 7 now). They just
      don't seem to like being frozen for a few months at a time. But if
      you have warmer weather the Optima might work well for you.<br>
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>

--------------74725B7D8BE62746A4BCE872--

--===============3713638023241223216==

fot@autox.team.net