fot

Re: [Fot] The infamous 1992 event at Mid-Ohio

To: yellow04 <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] The infamous 1992 event at Mid-Ohio
From: Bob Kramer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 12:36:09 -0600
Cc: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>

--0000000000005854c105bc7de63c

I missed the 1992 Mid Ohio event, even though my current TR4 did not.
Although I've had a TR6 since 1977, I didn't get involved with any clubs
until the 1989 VTR National was held in Texas.  I wasn't able to go to the
National, but the knowledge that there was a chapter in Houston, DFW and
San Antonio gave me the impetus to get the Hill Country Triumph Cub
started.

The club started fast and we met many like minded people at the Texas
Regional in New Braunfels in 1990.  I started autocrossing the TR6 and the
wick was lit.  In 1991 we towed my daily driver (3 kids) TR6 to Savannah GA
for the VTR National.  The host club GTA arranged for the autocross event
to be held at Roebling Road. I had fun doing the autocross but the real fun
happened on the way back to the front straight to line up again.

Triumph race cars were everywhere because the event included what I
remember as a race car onlySolo track event over the weekend. As a TR6
guy I spent some time talking to JK Jackson who had brought along a
troupe of TR6 racers. It was a long time ago but I think Bill Dentinger was
there, and Glen Efinger, and probably a lot more FoT than I knew. That
event served to get the candle kept burning for me.

Bob Kramer

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 9:24 AM yellow04 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wrote:

> A while back we had a discussion about the 1992 Mid-Ohio event, and
> folks shared great memories and more. Dan Styduhar shared some video he
> took while attending the 1992 Mid-Ohio event. He just sent us a bunch of
> pictures taken that weekend to compliment the video. Thanks Dan!
>
> All great stuff and it's on the event's page:
>
> https://fot-racing.com/fot-feature-events/mid-ohio-1992/

--0000000000005854c105bc7de63c

R4 did not.=C2=A0 Although I&#39;ve had a TR6 since 1977, I didn&#39;t get =
involved with any clubs until the 1989 VTR National was held in Texas.=C2=
=A0 I wasn&#39;t able to go to the National, but the knowledge that there w=
as a chapter in Houston, DFW and San Antonio gave me the impetus=C2=A0to ge=
club started fast and we met many like minded people at the Texas Regional=
=C2=A0in New Braunfels in 1990.=C2=A0 I started autocrossing the TR6 and th=
e wick was lit.=C2=A0 In 1991 we towed my daily driver (3 kids) TR6 to Sava=
nnah GA for the VTR National.=C2=A0 The host club GTA arranged for the auto=
cross event to be held at Roebling=C2=A0Road. I had fun doing the autocross=
=C2=A0but the real fun happened on the way back to the front straight to li=
ause the=C2=A0event included what=C2=A0I remember as a race car onlySolo tr=
ack event over the weekend. As a TR6 guy=C2=A0I spent=C2=A0some time talkin=
g to JK Jackson who had brought along a troupe=C2=A0of TR6 racers. It was a=
 long=C2=A0time ago but I think Bill Dentinger was there, and Glen Efinger,=
 and probably a lot more FoT than I knew. That event served to get the cand=
iv dir=3D"ltr" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Bob Kram=
te"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 9:24 AM y=
ellow04 via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank"=
e" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204)=
;padding-left:1ex">A while back we had a discussion about the 1992 Mid-Ohio=
 event, and <br>
folks shared great memories and more. Dan Styduhar shared some video he <br=

took while attending the 1992 Mid-Ohio event. He just sent us a bunch of <b=
r>
pictures taken that weekend to compliment the video. Thanks Dan!<br>
All great stuff and it&#39;s on the event&#39;s page:<br>
"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://fot-racing.com/fot-feature-events/mi=
d-ohio-1992/</a><br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/rkramer56@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/fot/rkramer56@gmail.com</a><br>

--0000000000005854c105bc7de63c--