fot

Re: [Fot] Clutch issue - guesses?

To: "'Tony Drews'" <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Clutch issue - guesses?
From: Jim Gray via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 13:46:32 -0600
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
I'm going with your guess.
jg

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot <fot-bounces@autox.team.net> On Behalf Of Tony Drews via Fot
Sent: Saturday, May 8, 2021 12:40 PM
To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Clutch issue - guesses?

I had an issue last weekend that I'm going to dig into shortly. I thought it
would be fun to see what the guesses on the root cause are before I take things
apart and really figure it out...

Setup:

TR-4, stock style clutch (diaphragm pressure plate), stock-ish linkage and
slave cylinder

Issue:

Sudden change in clutch engagement point on clutch pedal and slipping clutch
when pedal is up.  Engagement point moved from near the floor to near the top
of pedal travel.  Happened suddenly.  Clutch fluid is at normal level.  Clutch
will still engage, but not completely - like I'm not fully releasing the pedal.

Guesses?  I'm suspecting something with the clutch fork (maybe a pin came out
and jammed in the throwout)?  Slight chance of hang up in slave cylinder, but
those are so simple it seems unlikely. Of course I'll report back when I know
the actual cause.

Cheers, Tony Drews

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com