fot

Re: [Fot] Pinion bearing on GT6

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pinion bearing on GT6
From: fubog1 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 19:24:27 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1355563_537002840.1621452267691

 As already mentioned, this is super-critical, you need the pinion preload.=
Without it the gears will be out of mesh & won't last, too much will kill t=
he bearings .If it's a spacer & shims, just torque it all back down and you=
're good.If collapsible sleeve, you're screwed, unless you get very lucky.I=
f you have to go into into it I advise considering fitting a solid spacer w=
/shims, it's a much better setup.
Glen Efinger
=20
=20