fot

[Fot] Fornwalt TR4/DBR Project (free)

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Fornwalt TR4/DBR Project (free)
From: Jamie Palmer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 15:11:52 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_3990453_539217572.1631373112542

Fellow FOT-ers,
I'm forced to admit failure in my attempt to get the Fornwalt project resur=
rected that I picked up from TRF a couple of years ago. Albert was kind eno=
ugh to pass it on to me for free as long as I promised to pursue finishing =
the car, and I would like to do the same for someone capable of finishing t=
he project.=C2=A0 All I ask is a chance to buy one of the bodies if you com=
plete the project.
If you don't remember the car, the pictures from its time at TRF (it has no=
t changed at all) are located in this directory:=C2=A0=C2=A0https://www.the=
-roadster-factory.com/Images/POTW/Fornwalt-Fibreglass/
For info purposes:--Mr. Fornwalt (I know some of you knew him well) was a T=
R4 vintage racer who wanted an Aston Martin DBR and decided to build his ow=
n body to fit a TR4 chassis.--The body buck (male form) was completed, and =
the molds (female form) have been done for the front end, doors and hood. T=
he rear was not started.--The buck is very high-quality work, done out of w=
ood and plaster, and is formed over a "junk" rolling TR4 frame with engine =
and transmission. I was told the components were worthless apart from sizin=
g but have not verified that. As the male buck was stored in the TRF wareho=
use for many years it has some very small, localized "bruises" that will ne=
ed to be smoothed out with body filler prior to creating the female rear mo=
ld.--Mr. Fornwalt's widow had no interest in the project after his untimely=
 death and passed the project on to Charles at TRF.=C2=A0 After Charles' de=
ath, Albert was cleaning things up and offered it to interested parties -- =
and I was (and am) interested.=C2=A0 However, I have to face facts and I'm =
not going to get to it any time soon -- the TR6 street car, TR6 race car, I=
talia and my Hathaway Hunter are all ahead of it in line.
If you are interested, please contact me off-list at tr6driver@yahoo.com an=
d we can set up a phone call/face time.=C2=A0=C2=A0
Thanks,
Jamie PalmerPittsboro, NC

------=_Part_3990453_539217572.1631373112542

ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Fellow FOT-ers,</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-s=
 to admit failure in my attempt to get the Fornwalt project resurrected tha=
t I picked up from TRF a couple of years ago. Albert was kind enough to pas=
s it on to me for free as long as I promised to pursue finishing the car, a=
nd I would like to do the same for someone capable of finishing the project=
.&nbsp; All I ask is a chance to buy one of the bodies if you complete the =
ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">If you don't remember the car, the pictures from=
 its time at TRF (it has not changed at all) are located in this directory:=
&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://www.the-roadster-factory.com/Images/POTW/For=
nwalt-Fibreglass/" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank" class=3D"">https://ww=
v dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">--Mr. Fornwalt (I know some of you knew=
 him well) was a TR4 vintage racer who wanted an Aston Martin DBR and decid=
ed to build his own body to fit a TR4 chassis.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-s=
etdir=3D"false">--The body buck (male form) was completed, and the molds (f=
emale form) have been done for the front end, doors and hood. The rear was =
not started.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">--The buck is very=
 high-quality work, done out of wood and plaster, and is formed over a "jun=
k" rolling TR4 frame with engine and transmission. I was told the component=
s were worthless apart from sizing but have not verified that. As the male =
buck was stored in the TRF warehouse for many years it has some very small,=
 localized "bruises" that will need to be smoothed out with body filler pri=
or to creating the female rear mold.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"f=
alse">--Mr. Fornwalt's widow had no interest in the project after his untim=
ely death and passed the project on to Charles at TRF.&nbsp; After Charles'=
 death, Albert was cleaning things up and offered it to interested parties =
-- and I was (and am) interested.&nbsp; However, I have to face facts and I=
'm not going to get to it any time soon -- the TR6 street car, TR6 race car=
, Italia and my Hathaway Hunter are all ahead of it in line.</div><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"fa=
lse">If you are interested, please contact me off-list at tr6driver@yahoo.c=
om and we can set up a phone call/face time.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div dir=3D"l=
tr" data-setdir=3D"false">Jamie Palmer</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D=
------=_Part_3990453_539217572.1631373112542--

--===============6759674893603134838==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com