fot

[Fot] Kas, Bill; Here’s the post I promised you!

To: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Kas, Bill; Here’s the post I promised you!
From: Jason Ostrowski via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:40:33 -0400
Over the years 2 of my greatest mentors and fans were Bill Dentinger and Kas
Kastner. Those 2 gentlemen always loved my stories on FOT. Always quick to
support me with praise or criticism. I think about them often and miss their
kind words, jokes and jabs.
Family, work obligations and $ pushed my GT6â??s into the corner of the FGR
garage for more than a couple years.
My racing addiction had reached a melting point and it was starting to affect
the solid aspects of my being- my marriage, my kids and my business.
Although I was always at the track as a friend and crew my cars sat dormant for
a few seasons.
In conversation with Kas and Bill, these Friendly Ghost faithful gents
â??talked me off the ledgeâ?? during that period of my lack of seat time. They
respected my decision to put family first and enjoy the non-race moments of my
life.
They also knew I would return behind the wheel and looked forward to my next
racing story.

I had told them both that my next post on FOT had to be about me finishing a
race.
Kas always liked how I would pat my car on the dashboard as I crossed the
finish line; saying â??The cars like it when you talk to them you know; I
always did that too.â??
Well my friends- I finished 3 races at Road America this weekend. I gave my
yellow car more than a rub on the belly as I took the final checkered flag. A
wave of emotion hit my face. Even my raised fist could not hold back the tears.
To Kas and Bill- Here is the post I promised you!
Godspeeds the Triumph faithful to great moments of joy.
You are missed and will always be remembered.
Never be beaten by equipment!

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ racecars