fot

[Fot] TVR 2500M project car

To: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TVR 2500M project car
From: Bob Kramer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 07:47:13 -0500

--000000000000d690bc05cd21bcba

Amici,

We took our endurance TR6 to Harris Hill raceway here in Central Texas for
a ChampCar weekend event and while we were having a great time with the car
we were offered a long block TR6 engine that came out of a TVR 2500M that
was on the property.  We met with the owner of the TVR and found out he is
trying to sell it off.  It is a roller, all glass but the TVR was torn down
for a repaint and left in a state where it was sanded but not primed.  It
has the TR6 rear diff with a Quaife, but the engine and trans are not
included. He is asking $4500.00 for the TVR as it sit.

He was giving us the engine that came out of that car. He had an early
intake manifold modified for a turbo on the engine but the turbo was long
gone.  I will need to collect that engine from him but if it is needed to
make his sale deal work for someone in our circle we can make it available.

This is an interesting guy.  He is a former Chysler engineer who changed
gears and went to Med school to become a doctor.  At 70 he is slowing down
but he probably had a bit of fun with cars in his lifetime. He had a couple
of Hayabusa engined sports racers, a Mustang and maybe it was a Celica
racer cars mostly apart in his shop.

Let me know off the list if you have an interest and I will connect you to
him.

BTW, the TR6 was terrific this past weekend. 8 hours Saturday and 7 on
Sunday. We added the Ramin Mirshab throttle body fuel injection prior to
this race and the car was transformed. We have run this car fitted with
dual SU's in ChampCar (ChumpCar), Lemons, and the WRL and we always felt
like we had a good handling car with decent brakes.  With the extra
responsiveness and probably a little more HP, the car became a bit more to
handle. We'll need to work on speeding up our pit stops to get more laps
completed but we still managed 4th in class out of 9 cars, losing to a BMW
325E, a 280ZX and a Boxster both days.

Bob Kramer

--000000000000d690bc05cd21bcba

ris Hill raceway here in Central Texas for a ChampCar weekend event and whi=
le we were having a great time with the=C2=A0car we were offered a long blo=
ck TR6 engine that came out of a TVR 2500M that was on the property.=C2=A0 =
We met with the owner of the TVR and found out he is trying to sell it off.=
=C2=A0 It is a roller, all glass but the TVR was torn down for a repaint an=
d left in a state where it was sanded but not primed.=C2=A0 It has the TR6 =
rear diff with a Quaife, but the engine and trans are not included. He is a=
g us the=C2=A0engine that came out of that car. He had an early intake mani=
fold modified for a turbo on the engine but the turbo was long gone.=C2=A0 =
I will need to collect that engine from him but if it is needed to make his=
 sale deal work for someone in our circle=C2=A0we can make it available.=C2=
is a former Chysler engineer who changed gears and went to Med school to be=
come a doctor.=C2=A0 At 70 he is slowing down but he probably had a bit of =
fun with cars in his lifetime. He had a couple of Hayabusa=C2=A0engined spo=
rts racers, a Mustang and maybe it was a Celica racer cars=C2=A0mostly apar=
the TR6 was terrific this past weekend. 8 hours Saturday and 7 on Sunday. W=
e added the Ramin Mirshab throttle body fuel injection prior to this race a=
nd the car was transformed. We have run this car fitted with dual SU&#39;s =
in ChampCar (ChumpCar), Lemons, and the WRL and we always felt like we had =
a good handling car with decent brakes.=C2=A0 With the extra responsiveness=
 and probably a little more HP, the car became a bit more to handle. We&#39=
;ll need to work on speeding up our pit stops to get more laps completed bu=
t we still managed 4th in class out of 9 cars, losing to a BMW 325E, a 280Z=
ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=

--000000000000d690bc05cd21bcba--

--===============8469461534977611680==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com