fot

Re: [Fot] Alternate rear springs for GT6

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Alternate rear springs for GT6
From: Jason Ostrowski via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 16:08:33 -0600
Cc: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
I have seen many different types of rear race springs over the years some had
less â??Leafâ??sâ?? some more. (Than stock). I also have a â??trickâ?? one that
is all one piece made of some kind of composite material that is a fraction of
the weight of the typical leaf type, but I have never tried it.
So at one time such a part was manufactured.
The ones I have had in race use were custom made long ago and lasted forever.
Me thinks your best bet would be to test the spring rate of your current one
and see if You can have a niche expert add a leaf or redesign, remake, make
stiffer.... similar stuff is still used in trucks and trailers etc.
Playing with the distance between the two hole ends has also been talked about
as way to modify camber.
Happy to share any measurements or specific info about the various ones I have
if needed.
Keep us posted.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing