fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 Dash wood?

To: Bob Bownes -Seiri <bownes@seiri.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Dash wood?
From: J Wagner via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 16:37:54 -0800
Cc: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Going on decades old memories, I seem to recall that my own research found that
they used â??english walnutâ?? which does look different from a veneer labeled
â??walnutâ?? in the USA.

I did some quick googling to find an example.  I think this link has good
images.   I have no experience with them.

EUROPEAN WALNUT WOOD VENEER
http://www.woodveneer4u.co.uk/WalnutWoodVeneerEuropean.html

Secondly, I misplaced my research notes when I was trying to develop a custom
dashâ?¦ so recall finding a clear coat that is used on real wood veneers in
aircraft to meet fire codes.   I thought that would be the ticket for a vintage
race dash.   I wish I could put my hands on that info for you!

â??Justin