fot

Re: [Fot] Valve cover gasket sealant

To: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Valve cover gasket sealant
From: Doug Mitchell via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 14:57:13 -0400

--0000000000003bfc98060450bb9a

Thanks for all the suggestions. It turns out that it was supplied through
Little British Car Co./Moss, and it is a Gasket Innovations gasket. Picked
it up as well as some Permatex gasket sealant this morning, and am now
waiting the suggested 24 hours.

Regards,
Doug Mitchell
dbm.spitfire@gmail.com

On Thu, Aug 31, 2023, 3:07 PM Doug Mitchell <dbm.spitfire@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the attempt to get my Spitfire back on the road this year, I changed
> the oil and filter. As I was pouring oil in, I noticed that oil was pouring
> out at the back of the valve cover. Since I have an alloy valve cover, I
> ordered a silicon gasket.
>
> Any recommendations as to a sealant to keep the oil inside the valve
> cover? Or is that gasket going to be enough?
>
> Regards,
> Doug Mitchell
> dbm.spitfire@gmail.com

--0000000000003bfc98060450bb9a

supplied through Little British Car Co./Moss, and it is a Gasket Innovation=
s gasket. Picked it up as well as some Permatex gasket sealant this morning=
, and am now waiting the suggested 24 hours.<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"=
gmail_signature">Regards,<br>Doug Mitchell<br><a href=3D"mailto:dbm.spitfir=
quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Aug 31, 2023, 3:07 PM =
Doug Mitchell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dbm.spitfire@gmail.com";>dbm.spitfire@gm=
margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"=
auto">In the attempt to get my Spitfire back on the road this year, I chang=
ed the oil and filter. As I was pouring oil in, I noticed that oil was pour=
ing out at the back of the valve cover. Since I have an alloy valve cover, =
y recommendations as to a sealant to keep the oil inside the valve cover? O=
r is that gasket going to be enough?=C2=A0<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"gm=
ail_signature" dir=3D"auto">Regards,<br>Doug Mitchell<br><a href=3D"mailto:=
dbm.spitfire@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">dbm.spitfire@g=

--0000000000003bfc98060450bb9a--

--===============3569359037976348607==

fot@autox.team.net