Re: Got some useful data

To: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Got some useful data
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:24:37 -0700
When recording with GEEZ on a laptop, we compare the AutoStart/Stop
threshholds to the vector.  When recording with a Palm, the poor little
thing can't do that and keep up, so we use the absolute value of the
longitudinal g's as our triggers.  We've found no ugly side effects from
this, though it's likely that someone who studied the difference closely
could detect the difference and adjust his threshholds differently from
Palm to Laptop.

It's also significant to point out that in both cases, laptop and Palm,
the triggers are compared *prior* to smoothing, so it's possible to trip
a trigger yet have the final run display values just outside of trigger
range.  This indicates the peak that caused (or canceled) the trigger
was smoothed out prior to display, but was nonetheless real.

--Byron