Re: Power Cycling order (was best Palm to get)

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Cycling order (was best Palm to get)
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 15:57:35 -0600
>Please read my lips, :-)  this procedure will ensure maximum battery use on
>both the Palm and the 9 volt booster,

Thanks, I understood your first message, but I'm not particularily
worried about battery life on a normal weekend since the Palm V has
a rechargable battery, and should have enough battery life for 6+
weekends of autox ;)

I am worried about the number of things that I have to flick on and off
between runs, including my brain ;) However, I'll just add the
Palm/Power cycles to the turn the ASC off routine.  You generally only
have to forget that once before it gets permanently burned into your
memory. ;)

ObUsefulComment: So on the course we ran, there was a section where you
had to make a fairly tight, 21' radius 180 degree, left-hand turn that
led to a short 90' straight before a ~90 degree right-hander that led
onto a long, 470', set of offsets that could be taken flat out.  The
problem was that if you pushed hard through the 180, you'd have to
backoff going onto the right-hander, killing your time.  So the top
drivers "gave it up" to get the car to the far left to open up the first
gate and get on the power early going on to the straight

Looking at my run in GEEZ, I noticed that my usage went down in the
section where I "gave it up".  My question is did I give up too much, or
does my usage just reflect the fact I was setting up for the straight.

My first thoughts were that is was the result of "giving it up", but
upon reflection it seems that I still should have been pulling decent
lateral g's to get the car over to the left in position for the
straight.  Thoughts?

Todd