Spam Attack Over

To: afs@list.iex.net, geez@autox.team.net, rfilkin@iex.net
Subject: Spam Attack Over
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:29:02 -0700
My e-mail addresses received a spam attack beginning
yesterday afternoon and finally culminating sometime last
night or this morning.  During that time some 15,000 copies
of a spam-mail were continuously e-mailed to my address.  I
am happy to say, with the help of my originating ISP,
Internet Express, the attack is over and normal service has
returned.

We were notified by our local ISP (USWest.net) that at about
1:37am last night our mailbox overflowed, holding more than
15megs worth of the spam message.  From that time until
about 8:30am this morning, our mailbox would have returned a
"bounce message" to anyone trying to contact us.  This
morning, Randy Filkin of Internet Express was able to
quickly block all e-mail from the offending domain name,
which was FreeMailForAll.com.  After that I had to merely
download about 15megs of junk and dispose of it.

If you had an e-mail to me returned during this period for
one reason or another, please rest assured, the problem has
been resolved, and resend your e-mail.  If you did not
receive a "bounce message", then don't worry, I have your
e-mail.  Sincere thanks and a heartfelt "ATTABOY" to Randy
Filkin and the IEX team for their quick response to this
problem.  This is the kind of service that has kept me, the
AFSinc.com domain, and the extremegeez.com domains, all on
their servers, even though I now live 800 miles away.  GREAT
JOB!

--Byron Short