Calibrations...

To: Geez <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Calibrations...
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:27:24 -0600
>But if the "zero calibration", that is, the level point at
>which we first press autostart, if that were off, we'd
>certainly see some offset in the g's.

So can we expect the next generation cubes to have little balancing
bubbles in the top center ;) ;) ;)

ObGEEZComment:

It wouldn't be that hard to set up an email address that users could send
their runs to and it'd slap them up on my (or Byron's) web site.
However I have a more important software project to finish up, more on
that later.

ObStupidLevelingStory:

So I changed my suspension around for the latest event this past weekend
based on how the car handled at Lemoore.  After my first run, the car
felt a little sluggish and slow to turn in, so I went to grab my trusty
hex key to add a few clicks to the front rebound, but it was no where to
be found.  I usually have it right next to my cube in the center
console.  I look down and there is a little 1/2" hole in the console
that goes down under the shifter.  How a ~2" hex key fell through a 1/2"
hole can only be explained by Murphy.  Anyway, in order to get the
needle-nose pliers down, I had to tilt the cube up about 45 degrees to
make room for my hands.  Of course, stupid me, I had left GEEZ in
autostart mode.

So later I get ready to do my run, push the cube flat and go to hit
autostart, and I find out that my Palm is "locked up" and not responding to
input.  Till I notice this whale of a run (300+ seconds) being saved to
memory.  Needless to say it was about .5 G's in one direction for 300+
seconds.

Doh!
Todd