Re: GPS, Dataloggers & GEEZ?

To: Wes Shew <schumi@vcn.bc.ca>, Brian Kennedy <kennedy@computer.org>
Subject: Re: GPS, Dataloggers & GEEZ?
From: Brian Kennedy <kennedy@computer.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:08:12 -0500
At 03:26 AM 4/23/02, Wes Shew wrote:
>On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Brian Kennedy wrote:
>
> > The big negative of this system is, once again, the software.
> > Actually, maybe not... it uses (ick; phtt; blech) a Pocket PC
> > to record the data.  But more, it has the analysis software
>
>Can Geez! record to Pocket PC or Pocket 2002? Is Palm superior? How?

Device-wise, they are both fully capable of storing G-cube data.
My disgust with the Pocket PC is the Evil One's PC-OS-crammed-
into-Device-OS.  In order to support their bloatware on the
devices, they require really big devices.  But that's more of
a religious thing.

Is Palm superior?  If I am buying a multi-use device, then I say
"yes" because of all the software available for it; others will
say "no" because they want their familiar bloatware (MS Office).

If I am buying it for dedicated purpose and need a more expensive
device anyway, then it doesn't really matter... other than funding
the Evil One rather than Palm. ;^)

Brian