Inverted Cube?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Inverted Cube?
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 02:49:37 EDT
Over the weekend I used Geez on two karts, a Briggs FJr. and
a shifter F125.

For the Saturday runs, the setup was on the Briggs first, then transferred
to my shifter.

On Sunday, the g-cube was not transferred again, but remained on
the shifter.  We were late getting set up and missed recording the
first run, but got the next 7 with 2 drivers.  With driving experience
and levels quite a bit different, there was a marked difference in all
areas of usage and the maps.

Saturday evening we took a look at the 11 runs recorded and were
evidently too tired to recognize that the shifter maps were backwards.

Duh, apparently I had inverted the cube.  At least that is what I theorize,
since the maps, with a little adjusting, were mirror image of the actual
courses run.  My only excuse is that the cube was wrapped in a
terrycloth towel to cut out the high frequency vibrations that kill normal
data aquisition on a kart.

So, an opinion, please:  Is the data totally unusable?  In have noted that
the numbers are significantly lower than what I saw just last Monday
at the Palace of Auburn Hills for the Memorial Day event.  However,
I'm thinking that the recordings can still be of use to show driver technique
differences, and that just the numbers will be skewed.

Interestingly, the two drivers' maps were consistent in their dissimilarity.
Each driver's unadjusted maps looked quite the same, but were markedly
different from those of the other driver.  One group required a faster speed
adjustment to become representative of the course, and the other group
needed a reduction.

Alan