Re: tightening an adjustable steering wheel.

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tightening an adjustable steering wheel.
From: "Neil Trelenberg" <neilberg@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 21:03:09 -0700
John, I had the same problem with my wheel, my fix was to remove the wheel
and very gently bend each of the fingers inwards. Not much just a touch
inwards and I mean a touch! Now it works like a charm. When I said that was
what I had done I was told it would not make any difference and logically it
doesn't make sense because you tighten it down anyways but you asked and it
worked for me. You shouldn't have to tighten the locking nut that much and
certainly don't want to take a wrench to it. Check out the price of it in a
Moss cat. Also a note, if you find it really tight and can't release it by
hand try one of those rubber strap type wrenchs, they work great at
releasing stuff like this without marking the finish....Neil