Rotating the engine

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rotating the engine
From: "Mick VanderPloeg" <MVANDERPLOEG@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:06:45 -0400
My BN4 starts easily, idles fairly smoothly (misses every now and then), and
revs freely under no load, but sputters when I try to accelerate under normal
driving conditions.  Since the entire ignition system is new and the carbs are
rebuilt, I've decided to go back to the basics and re-check the valve
adjustment and timing.  This was originally done about a year ago with the
engine out of the car.  Now that everything is back together, what's the
easiest way to rotate the engine?  I can't see any way to get to the dog nut
with the radiator & fan in the way.  Does everyone just use the push button on
the starter solenoid to 'bump' the engine?

Thanks,

Mick Vander Ploeg
57 BN4