BJ7 - Carburetor update :) was Auuugh!!! Stalled...

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ7 - Carburetor update :) was Auuugh!!! Stalled...
From: "Big Sixer" <healey@ledwith.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:27:10 -0400
Folks:

Well, there isn't any part in the carb I haven't removed and checked, and...

The front carb's needle had come loose and wasn't rising with the piston. It
was mis-assembled at the factory and the needle-holding cylinder didn't line
up with the set screw, so it couldn't be held in place. Pulled it out and
turned it 90 degrees, the set pin fit in and the needle was fixed in place.

re-centered the jet so the piston now moves freely.

Car runs great.  Now to re-tune the jets.

BTW, forgot that when I balanced the carbs,  I needed to loosen the link
between the two carbs then tighten it. I was just balancing the idle speed
screws.

But with one needle not moving, everything else was details.

Thanks for the help.

Ryan
BJ7
one happy hombre! looking forward to doing some driving this 3 day weekend
celebrating Christ on Easter