Re: Cleaning up the metal beads along the fenders

To: "Big Sixer" <healey@ledwith.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning up the metal beads along the fenders
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:50:51 -0400
Ryan,

You may have to open up a small spot, say 3/4 inch long somewhere along the
bead.  There may be a cutout somewhere, not sure.  Slide all the clips to
that place and take them out.

I would not plate them as they are probably pretty far gone.  I made
replacements out of brass plate obtained form a local trophy shop.  They cut
it into strips of the width I needed and all I had to do was cut to length,
make the bend around a 3/32 bit I think it was, and slide them back into the
bead.

FWIW
Keith Pennell