AW: How to fit intake deflector panels?

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: AW: How to fit intake deflector panels?
From: "Eckert, Josef" <Josef.Eckert@t-mobile.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:28:37 +0200
Many thanks to those, who answered my intake deflector panel question.
Now it is very clear, the deflector panels should be tucked in the side panels
of the radiator.
I tried to fit ones I bought from different suppliers, but with all the fit was
not at all satisfying. To say I could not get a nearly acceptable fit at all.
The best fitting source was Kilmartin panels, but they still had a gap of
1/2inch to the radiator and needed to be modified at the part going to the
grille/shroud.
The hard way to go for me is to let them tailor made by a friend to fit to my
satisfaction.
Conclusion again: Healeys are a piece of art, in most cases replacement panels
will not fit.
Josef Eckert
Germany