Starter Solenoid

To: "Alan Schultz" <alan@andysnet.net>
Subject: Starter Solenoid
From: "Scott Willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:59:26 -0500
This car was sitting for 20+ years. I think this is the original solenoid.
What are the symptoms of a bad solenoid? If it just clicks loudly once when
I push the start button that means juice is getting to the started but just
not enough, correct? Or it means the starter has issues of some sort.

Should I rebuild starter or buy new? I was reading in Norm's book that the
solenoid should be repaced at time of new starter. Is there a quality
solenoid avail?

Thanks!!
Scott
Mashed BN7