Re: Adding fuses and inertia switch

To: heliskier@direcway.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Adding fuses and inertia switch
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:49:42 EDT
In a message dated 4/15/2004 10:32:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
heliskier@direcway.com writes:
adding fuses to my BJ8 wiring harness.
------------------------------------
Jim--

Without knowing exactly how the loads are to be split up, plus the wattage
draw on each, it is hard to say.  What I did was to create as many separate
fused circuits as possible--so if you are going to have your flashers fused
separately from sidelights then you'll have two fuses with less amperage than
if
these appliances are combined on one circuit, etc.  BTW, I fused my headlights,
which some think is a bad thing, but since the purpose of a fuse is to protect
the wiring I reason it is easier to find the  source of overload and fix it
rather than pull new wires.

In any case, to get amperage divide total watts on the circuit by 12, then go
perhaps 110%.  Start with a smaller fuse and if it blows go up 5 amps, etc.
etc.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans