BJ8 Window Channels

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 Window Channels
From: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:39:51 -0400
I only know that what I am talking about is a "channel" because that seems to
be what it is called in the Moss online catalog. Anyway, the problem/question
is this: Noticed that when I roll up the right hand window that it was not
making good contact to the sealing strip along the roof at the back top side
of the window. If I manually lift the back of the window, it will go up
another 3/8" and make contact for a good seal that would actually keep most
rain out. Looked inside the door and found that at the back of the window
there is this channel to guide the window, but it is way wider than the
window, like maybe I am missing a part that would actually guide the back of
the window when it was raised or lowered. Most of the time this is no problem,
the top shouldn't be up anyway, but when you are on the road, sometimes rain
happens, and a wet wife is seldom a happy wife. Is something missing, out of
adjustment, or just the way things are?

TIA,

Bob Johnson
BJ8