BJ8 Window Channels: Redux

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 Window Channels: Redux
From: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:14:08 -0400
Thanks to the people who responded.

I got really lucky. Went to the garage and looked at the window, looking for
the guides. Saw they were there, saw they were broken. Looked in my parts, and
found them. (Had ordered them, then didn't know what they were!). Since the
door was already opened up, it only took about 45 minutes to do the job...
Another piece of luck: I had rivets in one size, the right size. Had to
manually reshape one of the guides for a smooth fit, but now the window is as
tight and smooth as when new. With new seals already installed and now new
guides, that is also one less rattle to listen to. Will do the other window
tomorrow.

Bob Johnson
BJ8