Re: The new guy.

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The new guy.
From: Stirling Anderson <suntzu_2002@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:46:34 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the overwhelming welcome.  What I've been
looking for is a 3000 Mark II.  You'll have to forgive
me if I don't use the correct nomenclature.  Another
thing, SWMBO has a rule.  She's generally pretty
understanding, but I have to buy a newer car every
time I get another project.  So, since I already have
a 1960, I'm looking for one as close to 1961 as
possible. :)  Maybe I could convince her it's her car
so the rule wouldn't apply. haha  My first question
would be, is it feasible to get a runner and fix it up
as I go?  Barring of course serious rust in the usual
problem areas, etc.  I think I'm patient enough to
wait for the perfect one to come along (I suppose that
will have to wait to be proven).  Paint quality
doesn't really matter all that much to me, I just want
to drive it.  Also, I enjoy fixing things so I'm not
afraid of rebuilding an engine or transmission, but
I'm terrified rust that would be cause for a total
restoration in the near future.  A few years of good
driving time and I wouldn't mind a complete
restoration though.  So, now that you know where I
stand, got any more advice?

Thanks everyone,
Stirling