Missing gasket?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Missing gasket?
From: "Ron Fine Esq." <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:04:48 -0700
Dear List
I'm slowly reassembling my engine and going through the gasket sets.  I am
ready to fit the distributor housing to the block and it looks like there
should be a paper gasket between the bottom flange of the housing and the
machined surface of the block.  None is showed in any of my reference books or
the new Moss catalog.  There is a gasket in the set that is close to being
correct but one bolt hole is off.  Am I chasing ghosts?  If there is no paper
gasket called for do I use some Hylomar just to keep the oil from creeping
out?   Any advise is always appreciated.
Ron
61BN7