Re: bias-ply tire recommendation

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bias-ply tire recommendation
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 01:04:39 EDT
I guess I have to put in my two cents on Bias ply tires.  If you want to put
them on, go for it but...when I bought my 3 litre it had bias ply tires on it.
 A lot more fun, lots more sideways driving but they did not last.  About 100
miles and I had to replace them, replaced them with radials which last a LOT
longer and give better stopping as well as cornering.  If you stay in the 165
range, they don't overstress the wires and you can still get sideways if you
want to.  Jjust my 2 cents worht.
Dave
59 BT7
Goal, to have it drivable this year.