Re: Bolt flywheel to crank

To: "Ron Fine Esq." <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Bolt flywheel to crank
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 22:07:17 +1000
Ron

There should be a larger 'bearing face' on a flywheel bolt (ie under the
head).

Here in Australia, I used the flywheel bolts off a 'Holden Red motor' -
which is effectively an 'Australianised'  6 cylinder Chev engine from the
1970's. The Holden flywheel bolts are stronger and are 12 point - and they
half as much over the counter at the local Holden dealership. I didn't use
the two std locktabs - just oil & Torque. The holden bolts were almost a
perfect length and were (from memory) 3/8"  24 tpi

Hope this helps

Best regards

Chris