Re: Brake Drums again - Update

To: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>,
Subject: Re: Brake Drums again - Update
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 01:21:11 -0700 (PDT)
Dave -

Having both an early BN1 and a BJ8 has taught me a few
things about Healey manufacturing quality.

Although the BJ8 by far is a more complete car w/ disk
brakes, roll up windows and a good sealing hood....
the BN1 is built to a much higher quality standard, no
question.  Every bolt, nut and fixture on the BN1
seems to have been made with more care, attention to
detail & quality.  Probably why your BN2 drums are
better made than most BJ8 drums.

Probably if you interpolate from this a straight line
of progressive build quality, you'll probably
understand why they stopped making real MGs and
Triumphs around 1980.

It's probably a good thing that Donald Healey stopped
making the Big Healey in '67... it never lost its
luster quite like Triumph did.  I guess that's because
the car carried Donald's name... and he cared about
his legacy!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8