Re: To seal or not to seal?

To: "Jerry Wall" <jwbn6@iopener.net>
Subject: Re: To seal or not to seal?
From: "Charley Braum" <cbaustin@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:14:53 -0400
    When I got my 100 many, many years ago I drove it for a year then 'took
it apart' to refinish it. While rotating tires and greasing the hubs, etc.
during that year, something didn't look right but - oh well.

    Once I started 'taking it apart', I found that a PO had fibreglassed the
inner rear wheel wells solid, eliminating the 'pockets' being discussed in
this thread. It really looked strange to have this smooth, filled in area
where there was usually indents, etc.

    After I got all the 'glass out, I found everything underneath was in
really good shape; oh joy, oh rapture. The car did not need any rust repair
work in this area at all. The 'glass' must have been on the car for years.

    I've put things 'right' back there, but I've often thought, "why not"??

    I did put some sealer in the bottoms and I make sure when I wash this
area out, I let it sit in the sun for a bit, or drive it to dry things out.

CB