Re: Panhard rod musings

To: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Subject: Re: Panhard rod musings
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:27:43 -0600
Hi Steve,

The Panhard rod on the Healey is not too bad. It is setup parallel to
the axle & body, is fairly long, & suspension travel is limited. This
minimizes side to side change with suspension travel. It's not perfect
but a quick calc. shows about .140" axle location change from full
compression to full rebound. The tire sidewall flex is likely to be much
more than this.

Crossed rods wouldn't gain anything & would cause binding.

I don't think there is room in the Healey for a Watts linkage without
some major modifications.

Due to the shock link construction & leverages involved, I don't think
the shocks contribute anything. If they did, you would just have shock bind.

Dave Russell
BN2