Rocker Panels Attachment

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rocker Panels Attachment
From: "Rick Neves _._" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 05:49:25 -0400
Are the rocker panels on my '56 BN-2 supposed to be welded on to the sills,
riveted or screwed? They were off the car when I got it and the previous owner
says they were riveted. I believe they were repaired once because I uncovered
a braising repair. So the question is what were they originally?

I've also seen a video of a 3000 Healey being repaired and it shows the rocker
being welded into place.

Unfortunately I have already painted my chassis, so welding these in place
will be a bear.

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2