is this a great list? [was: Lubrication intervals (2nd

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: is this a great list? [was: Lubrication intervals (2nd
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 18:33:27 -0500
Dear listers,

There have been WAY too many people recently saying this is a "great
list" or words to that effect.

Well, IMHO, great lists have FLAME WARS to keep the members stimulated
and on top of current events, and we haven't had a good flame war in a
long time - several weeks, as I recall.

So I'd like to toss out some ideas to get one started (since I've been
sitting in a hotel room in Taiwan - where I have not seen ANY Healeys -
for four of the past five weeks, and it's getting pretty dull).

I won't bring up the famous/infamous Texas Cooler, even though
summertime is approaching for many of us (except in Britain), because
that topic has been thrashed to death. (Although I'm gonna install my
own Cooler pretty soon - having procrastinated long enough - and if it
gouges MY radiator, then you're not gonna see flames - you're gonna see
nuclear explosions!)

And Bush vs. whatsisname in November is pointless, since we all know the
outcome of the election: a cliff-hanger deep into the night, then at
least one network "calling" the wrong winner, then controversies over
suspicious electronic voting results from Silicon Valley because of 2
million votes cast in Palo Alto for Bill Gates, then appeals to the U.S.
Supreme Court, which declares martial law and names Chief Justice
Rehnquist as Supremes Commander. He names Diana Ross as Secretary of
State and invades Canada, saying that forcing people to live in
Saskatchewan amounts to "cruel and unusual punishment" in violation of
human rights treaties.

Other ideas:

--Healey vs. Mustang - which of their 6-cylinder engines made the best
boat anchor? In a salt-air environment, which would rust to death
faster?
--British car engineering - an oxymoron?
--MGs: should they be pushed or pulled?
--the Miata - do real men drive them, or are they only for chicks?

All other suggestions welcome.

-Graham

PS: One thing that REALLY is great about this list: it's like a
multiple-choice test. One question, many answers!

:)