Re: Book Question

To: medlabinc@msn.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Book Question
From: OldHealeys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:55:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/25/2004 2:30:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
medlabinc@msn.com writes:
Is there more than one Donald
Healey autobiography book.

There appear to be NO Autobiography written entirely by Donald M. Healey.

"The Austin-Healey" by Donald Healey and Tommy Wisdom  1959
Published by CASSELL has a wonderful BIOGRAPHY of Donald written by a man who
raced and partied with him for years, Tommy Wisdom.  It has a chapter "Donald
Healey: The First Fifty Years" that is special.

"Donald Healey My World of Cars" claims to be an autobiography, but in
conversations with Donald over a number of years he refered to Peter Garner as
"That
person who is trying to get me to write..."  He, Donald, chose to live life,
not write about it.  So I think we can say it is a biography, not an
autobiography.  It is a good read, with a few of my photographs that I had
given to
Donald thrown in places.  For a Healey person it is a book that should be read.

"Austin Healey," "More Healeys" and "Healey" by Geoff Healey are on my
bookshelf and well worn.  Geoff kept meticilous records and when he set about
write a book he could dig through his files and find the information.
 "The Healey Story" was the book that Geoff was working on when he died.  It
was finished by Margo, Celia and Kate Healey, his wife and daughters.  Again a
good read, filled with facts.  But not an Autobiography.

Bill Emerson
Author "The Healey Book"
(Not a book about people.. a book about each type of Healey, Nash-Healey,
Austin-Healey, Jensen-Healey and Healey boat).