Re: Disk Brake Pads, moving on

To: international_investor@yahoo.com, Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL,
Subject: Re: Disk Brake Pads, moving on
From: Simonlachlan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 04:14:02 EDT
international_investor@yahoo.com writes:

Ferodo makes great front disk pads for BJ8s.  Don't
know if  they make the pads for earlier healeys.  Trust
me, these pads make a  HUGE difference in braking...
just be prepared for more brake  dust!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

--- Rizzo  Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU
<Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>  wrote:
> Hi, Listers!  Question:  What brand, etc. brake  pads
> should I purchase for
> spirited street driving?   Vendors?  Curious about
> what you knowledgeable
> types  think on this.
>
> Thanks, STever

Has anybody tried the new(ish?) pads made - I think - from some ceramic
material? I've seen ads for them in the Healey mags over here, UK. Apparently,
they last forever (!) and give off no brake dust!
I suppose the trade off is that the discs (rotors?) last about half an  hour?
Something has to be sacrificed in a crude old friction  device?
But, I'm intrigued and would value comments.
Simon.