ignition light off

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: ignition light off
From: William Moyer <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:01:35 -0400
I got some good advice from the Nock's and Taos Garage so I prepared myself
for the repair.  I read up on generators, alternators, voltage regulators,
etc.  Made drawings, compared them to the healey manual, reviewed the
voltage regulator adjustment sequence and when my college age son got home
from work, we were ready to tame the beast.  Got the voltmeter out, cut a
jumper wire for the generator, got the truck in position in case I needed to
use that to start the Healey.

We opened the hood, poked around the generator and found that the field
terminal was no longer connected to its wire.  Pinch connector, replace, job
done.

Now he's out driving it around.  Just goes to show, sometimes its just a
loose wire, for which I am very grateful.

Bill Moyer, BJ7, reconnected.